How to Export Goods & Agricultural Products from Nigeria to other foreign countries
Before you can export goods and agricultural products from Nigeria, you’ll need to put some few things into consideration. There is actually a simple export guide to follow to avoid any mistakes of which I’ll be showing you today. Obviously, Nigeria is a country rich in mineral resources of which many countries lack. Exporting from Nigeria is actually a goldmine in the Nigerian business industry today and also the world at large.
Are you part of the people interested in exporting from Nigeria but don’t know how? If yes, you are in the right place and I will suggest that you should adhere to key details in today’s post.
Exporting is a very lucrative venture in Nigeria. Individuals like You & companies are raking in millions and billions from it monthly. Statistics show that an average exporter can earn at least $5,000(N 1,823,450.00) per month in Nigeria. To start earning from exportation is actually very easy. Basically, all you have to do is follow my simple step by step guide on exporting from Nigeria.
We will be diving into these various points: how to start an export business, the list of best-selling things to export from Nigeria etc. This blog post is enriched with every information you’ll need to make it in the export business in Nigeria. By the end of this post, you’ll be able to start exporting goods from Nigeria to other foreign countries of your choosing.
What Is Exporting
Exporting as a definition is the sending of goods to another country or abroad for sales. It is solely the sending of goods produced in one country to another country. The seller of such goods and services is known as an exporter. Exporting helps to develop a countries economy by bringing superior foreign currencies into the county. Various methods of exporting a product or goods or information include mail, air shipping, hand delivery, shipping by vessel etc. But we will be focusing on agricultural exports in today’s post.
How to Start an Export Business in Nigeria
Like I said earlier, there are some crucial guidelines for exporting in Nigeria. This will help you start this export business successfully in Nigeria. These guidelines are outlined step by step for any amateur who wants to start exporting in Nigeria. But we will walk you through the step by step guide on starting an exportation business in Nigeria.
Let’s dive in!
Step By Step Export Guidelines in Nigeria
This is section is for serious minded people interested in learning my easy step by step guide of exporting in Nigeria. If you are reading this, count yourself privileged to because I’ll be showing you how to start exporting easily without any complexity. The criteria for exporting from Nigeria to other foreign countries solely depend on what kind of goods you are exporting. Below are my well-devised step by step guides for any amateur or newbie interested in the exportation business in Nigeria.
You can Make Become a millionaire in a week from These Hot Lucrative Farming Business In Nigeria
1. Do Your Research
Before you do anything else, you have to do an explicit research about the business exporting from Nigeria as a whole. Your research will also involve the product or goods you plan to export. Conducting a survey on shipping goods is a good idea as well as which will give you more insight on various products and their demands in the market.
We have compiled a list of 6 tips that will guide you while doing your research.
- Do a ground check on how fast you can establish foreign contacts for your export business in Nigeria. Try finding out the countries that will demand your products in large quantity for export. After looking at these, you’ll have to think about the cost of advertisement and promotion. Try finding out how you can project your export services to prospective importers abroad.
- The most important thing to consider in the export business in Nigeria is cost. Try doing a good research on the channels for export and the various cost of exporting products from Nigeria to other countries. Which includes export duties, these costs differ from country to country. Have an idea of the costing before you can decide to go into the exportation business full in Nigeria.
- Shipping is another important segment of the export business from Nigeria. Have an idea of the means of transportation for the products you want to export. I’ll suggest you go for the best shipping and cargo agencies available in Nigeria. To avoid any long story, you need the best people in the business to export your products from Nigeria to any country of your choosing.
- Once you are done with the market research and transportation, you’ll now move to the legal requirement of Nigeria export. You’ll need to know the kind of documents needed for export. This will involve the terms and conditions your company must adhere to. The government will have to certify your goods and also register them with your business. Everything will be put on the record for safety and protocols sake.
- Plan a visit to the Nigerian export promotion council for more professional support and advice
- Gather more knowledge from anyone you know doing the same business plan. Try to gather enough knowledge from them for your own export business.
Do You Want To Export & You Don’t Have Enough Funds? We have Something For You.
2. Register Your Export Business in Nigeria
Every serious-minded business person must register his/her company name. To register your company name, you’ll need to visit the Corporate Affairs Commissions. It is very vital to do this because customers will check out your business name on the CAC website for more details about your company. If your company is not registered on the CAC platform, I am afraid you’ll lose any chances of cooperation with any business entity. It is quite obvious that our country Nigeria has been painted with black. This literary means that foreigners have marked Nigeria as a country of scammers. Since we are seen as not been trustworthy, you have to register your business name on CAC in Nigeria so that you can in customers fidelity.
3. Source for Foreign Customers
The most prominent are the customers of business which is quite obvious. Without customers, there is no business. More customers more money, no customers no money and it is as simple as that. Hence, your search for customers will be to attract foreign business entities. You’ll have to create brand awareness through promotion and good visuals of your company’s product you export. Web design is also very important in creating an online presence, it is an indication that you are in business. You can contact a professional & Web Development Company for your website in Nigeria. Once your website is up and running then you can kick-off with promotion on online platforms with the help of google ads, Facebook, Instagram, twitter, youtube ads etc. depending on the products you plan to export abroad.
Still stressing on the website, you should input all the details about your company and alone with a very good picture of your products. This will include your contact information and every other fundamental information that every client might need. The internet is actually loaded with a lot of business and can impact your exportation business. The internet is a great way for you to connect to your clients and help your business grow to greater heights.
What Resources Does Nigeria Export?
Ever since the naira drop against the US dollars, many Nigerians have improvised to start exporting Nigerian made goods abroad. There a great need for every Nigerian business to invest in producing more raw materials and agricultural products for export abroad. A nation without export will definitely not grow. Therefore bodies like the Export Promotion Council of Nigeria and NEXIM bank try to encourage exporting in Nigeria.
This is a compiled list of the top 50 hot selling items that any Nigerian can export from Nigeria and make profits. Below is the list of export commodities in Nigeria:
1. Food Stuff
Palm Fruit (Banga)
Bread Fruit ( Ukwa)
Cashew Nut Ginger
Edible Local Chalks (Nzu)
2. Mineral Resources
Herbal Products (Medicine/Soap)
4. Local Design & Crafts
Locally Designed Beads
Locally Made Weaves
Locally Published Books
Home Video/Audio Cds
Nigerian Made Shoes (Aba Made Shoes)
Nigerian Made Fabrics (Adire, Akwete, Aso Oke, etc.)
How To Get the List Of Foreign Buyers For Export in Nigeria
There are various ways of locating a foreign buyer in need of your product. Finding a foreign buyer has been made easy with the help of some online platforms. With the help of these platforms, you can find clients and clients also can find you for import and export business. All you have to do is register on these platforms and fill-in the necessary detail on your companies profile.
Note: To get the best from these platforms, you’ll have to pay at some point to get a premium service. Which will involve unrestricted access to all the features of the online platforms.
The following below are the 2 selected platforms that will surely get you a list of foreign buyers for export in Nigeria:
Do You Want To Export & You Don’t Have Enough Funds? We have Something For You.
List Of Exporting Companies In Nigeria
Below is a list of exporting companies in Nigeria
- Deremi Shittu Investment
- E.L.O Ngodo Enterprises Ltd
- Tiger Foods Ltd
- Errandhorse Nigeria Limited
- Afri Agri Products Ltd
- Nuel Charcoal Exporter Nigeria Ltd
- Goldmine Global Services Ltd
- Mojay Interlink Services Ltd
- Babatunde And Sunday International Trading Ltd